How can we improve PlanbookEdu?

Speech to Text

add Google voice, so I can speak what I want to type...using a variety of devices, when time is available or when I have an idea in advance of my plans

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael McBrideMichael McBride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea! With Microsoft's built in Speech Recognition having come by leaps and WAAYY beyond what I expected I played around with it the other day and just using the tiny hole mic in my laptop and a noisy box fan going next to me it put Siri to shame and only messed up ONCE, So there's that, I was using it for OneNote, but you can use it for anything, Then there's several other options but the KING is Dragon Dictate's Naturally Speaking,,, I had to be suddenly responsible for this ENORMOUS warehouse filled floor to ceiling with nothing but archival footage on video and only labeled with a barcode which we didn't have - so I got 2 headsets, 2 copies of Naturally Speaking and 2 laptops, hired a temp, and what should have taken over a year if we had to open every one, take it up to the machine and play it and figure out what it was and then come put it back and write it up in some kind of system, took us not quire 3 months with a little forethought, because that is a perfect example of another demographic they need to market to: workers who do stocking or data entry, or anything that's repetitive and your hands are full but you have to log item number and quantities is or something.
        Or Hey, Planbook folks, I am pretty sure both Dragon, microsoft, and a few lesser known ones give out their API to use it as you see fit - and that would be a HUGE advantage over what little competition there is in an already niche market. Then you could use that functionality and come up with other specialized products as well, like a voice command spreadsheet or database, or any number of great stuff. You just have to be sure and proofread while it is learning your voice; Wow, so many ideas in my head on how to integrate Voice to text OR text to voice, where specific reminder or scheduled announcements, etc...
        anyways have a good day!

Feedback and Knowledge Base