New Features

1. Template for this year (which copied last year plans) is not creating events on the same exact day as they were last year

Copying the template from last year does not put the lessons on the same exact day. I need 8-1-17 & 8-1-18 to be exactly the same. The template is showing my lessons wayyy off. For instance my 8-1-17 lessons last year may be 10-22-18 this year. Either need to be able to just change the date on it and it moves to the correct day or make the lessons go to the exact same day which is the point of having a template. To copy last year for this year. Please fix this!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Save?

it is annoying to have to save your lesson each time you close a window - how about an auto save that you can activate to deactivate at your own discretion?

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a Day Title Choice that is either - Blank (not title), or a number (1-5) In a rotating block it's not always a day of the week.

The lessons rotate to different days of the week for me. I see my students 3 times a week so the lessons are not by day.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To Do list or action folder.

I always end up with a bunch of things I need to do when I plan a lesson. What do I need to copy? Do I need to create a powerpoint? Smartboard? Supplies? etc.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. See which standards have been covered when selecting objectives

It would be nice to see which standards have already been covered when we are selecting the standards to use while creating lesson plans. I know there's a way to see which ones have been covered, but it would be nice to see that information when selecting the standards.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Same day of the week going forward

We have a different schedule every Tuesday but the option of "every 5 days" does not work when we have a week that is not complete (holiday). The "Tuesday" schedule gets moved to Wednesday or Thursday... Need "same day of the week" option.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give users the ability to copy a coworker's planbook if they share it. With teachers who cluster, it would make things very easy

Give users the ability to copy a coworker's planbook if they share it. With teachers who cluster, it would make things very easy

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ADD A GRADE BOOK

You should really have a grade book to use. It would make life a lot easier for everyone using PlanbookEdu. PLEASE!

I would prefer a grade book that's easy to use and we can organize according to the Standards that we can pre-populate, with the extra ability to add additional customized standards as well.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Swap Feature

It would be useful to have a feature that allows me to swap two periods. Like if I have to swap times of an activity, instead of copying to the clipboard and then moving the one and pasting the other, I could click two periods and they would swap places.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Screen showing objectives noted in a plan book year-to-date.

It would be helpful to keep track of which objectives have been covered in a specific set of lesson plans.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Plans Checked" button for admin.

For administrators of a group: it would be nice to have a "plans checked" button, similar to the "turn in" button that teachers have. That way teachers get a notification that there plans were reviewed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to copy and paste images into planbook without having to insert a link.

We have a digital textbook for math and it would be much easier to snip the graphs and tables out and just paste them right into planbook for bellwork. It is too time consuming to have to copy and save as a file and attach it, we are unable to directly link it because of license issues. However snipping and pasting the images can be done quickly! Please!

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Subject Title in each box ABOVE the standard

I do not teach the same subject at the same time each day so I need to title each box with the subject. When I type the subject in, the standard gets inserted above it.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Increased Bumping features and intelligence

Basic example - Maps - Once a week. If I want to say Sept 1 we will cover Maps Lesson 1

So if we miss Monday Week 1. I would like to be able to bump it to the following Monday. Without screwing up the whole day.

Advanced Example:
    Also If I have subjects that repeat like Reading MWF. Once I bump or move a day (let's say Wednesday) or even just that subject, nor will it apply intelligence that I did not have Reading on Thursday, so move Wednesday's Lesson to Friday.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Half Days/Early Dismissal

The "days off" feature is great. It would also be nice to add all the half days. Perhaps it could ask after which period the day should end.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make a "Today" tab, so no matter where I am looking in my plans, I can click on that, and it takes me to the current date's plans.

When planning I have to look weeks/days in advance and it would be nice to have a tab that I can click on that takes me back to "today's" lesson plans. Instead of having to log out of the week/day I am currently on, and then scroll through the calendar to find the week for the date I should be on right then.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have the note feature be like a post it note on a box in the planbook.

Have the note feature be like a post it note on a box in the planbook. It would be helpful to have little post-it notes on certain dates to add more detail, or to remind me of certain things - assemblies, early dismissals, etc. that affect my planning but aren't related to the content. The overall note feature isn't visible so I forget that it is there. A note icon in the box would be great!

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Class Periods

Our Monday schedule is different than Tuesday - Friday. It would be nice if I were able to have a different number of class periods on different days.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

New Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base